Pages

Monday, September 14, 2015

The Other Side (chapter 1)


Chapter 1

A young man walked through a crowded hallway. To all of the mindless masses walking through the hall this young man began to disappear. That young man was me.

I walked through the thick crowd of people. Literally, I walked through individuals in the crowd. I was shifting.

This word “shifting” may make no sense to you, but imagine you and every other human being on this planet was a radio. A radio can only listen to one station at a time. Everyone is tuned into the same station, normally. This creates what fancy hippies called consensus reality. For you normal folks consensus reality call it the world as everyone agrees on it.

I wish I was everyone. Ever since I was a kid I would shift in and out of this world. I never could control it. One second I am here. The next second I am there on The Other Side (That is what I call that world). Let me tell you something. There is some pretty scary stuff man on The Other Side. Let me take a moment to describe it for you. The hallway I was walking through had become translucent. It was always like this. I haven't switched stations completely. There was always some interference.

Outside the ghost hallways I could see a desert. Everything look to overexposed like a bad photo. I took a breath. There was nothing I could do. I had to bide my time here to a was rocketed back to my reality.

This day I was feeling adventurous and stepped through the ghostly hallway walls. I normally try not to stray to far from the area where I shifted. Distance does not work the same way in this world. I once took three steps and ended up on the ocean floor when I shifted back. You learn a lot by trial and error, when you assume the error does not get you killed. I only takes one. That is what I always say.

I stopped walking for a moment. I took a second to pause in front of a … basically it was a cactus with large yellow flowers and blue … ooze covering it. Not pretty. That was not the important part.

I heard a noise.

The Other Side is always silent.

I looked around. The ghostly wall were looking more solid. I was shifting closer to the our world. I pulled my phone out of my pocket. It had no bars. AT&T had yet to expand their coverage zone to dimension X. I should not be hearing anything.

I stepped back through translucent hallway. The noise was getting louder. A parade of ghosts rushed by me. These were people engaging in their everyday life. We were into two separate worlds.

I could barely see them.

I could not smell them.

I could not feel them.

I could hear footsteps getting closer.

Where was that noise coming from?

They was right on top of me. I could hear it. Something smashed into my chin.

My body dropped like a marionette after its strings were cut.

I could feel it.

In another moment down went Alice after it never once considering how in the world she would get out.

Take that Mom I made an allusion. I didn't need to finish school to learn how to write.

Next installment


---------------------
If you want to be awesome send a link to this to 2 of your friends.
If you wish to be lazy, click the bird underneath to share this with your friends on twitter.
What you don't have twitter and are lazy? Leave a comment.
Tweet: I just read awesome beginning of a wonderful series and had to tell you about it. http://bit.ly/1EYIOCN

No comments:

Post a Comment